- Written by Media Group
- Category: Services
- Hits: 376
Remastering is the art of saving and archiving your old recordings.
Audio formats: Cassettes, micro-cassettes, vinyl records (33, 45, or 78 RPM)
Video formats: VCR tapes
If you have old family recordings, videos, or other precious memories, on some form of recorded media, we can save them for you. Here's how it works:
- You contact us and let us know what kind of recorded media you have (cassettes, records, VCR tapes, etc.) If you're not sure, we can help you figure it out.
- We have a conversation on the phone and discuss the details of the recordings: format, age, length, storage conditions, desired outcome, etc.
- Once we agree on what needs to be done, and how much it will cost, either we will pick up your media personally, or you can ship it to us.
- We will use our old-format, calibrated media players and play back your media so that it can be captured or transferred into our computer environment.
- From there we will process your media as discussed. We can do nothing to it at all, or use a variety of techniques to fully restore the recording, possibly even better than original !
- We deliver it back to you, original and new copy, in whatever format you like (audio or video computer file, CD, DVD, etc.).
Once your media is safely in the digital world, we can get it back to you in physical format (CD, etc.), or electronically (via private download). It's entirely up to you.
No two projects are alike, and therefore it's not possible to have a flat fee service, but we can break it down so that it makes sense, and you will not have any surprises.
We will never spam you, sell your information, or put you in a high-pressure sales situation. We believe you should get exactly what you want.